Who We Are
Members and friends of Greater Nashville UU come from a variety of backgrounds and beliefs. Our stories are different and our identities more so, but we believe that our spiritual journeys are enhanced by this diversity and that we learn from each other.
…all faiths and beliefs – Atheism to earth-centered beliefs to mainstream religions
…all families – Single, married, same-gender, grandparent/child, interfaith
What we believe
We, the member congregations of the Unitarian Universalist Association, covenant to affirm and promote:
- The Inherent worth and dignity of every person
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part
Our Purpose and Mission
Our congregation is for times such as these.
The transforming power of love is our core belief.
We embody a sanctuary of compassion, integrity, and respect.
We champion justice, equity, and peace.
Our Congregational Covenant
We covenant together to make a welcoming community,
To walk together in the way of truth and love,
To seek the life of the spirit, as it is known by each person,
To support each other in thought, word, and deed,
As we work to build a better world.
Most of our facility is handicapped accessible.